CodeRed is for residents living outside of city limits only.
CodeRED is an automated community notification system to call up to 60,000 phone numbers per hour with a recorded message, it will send text messages as well. CodeRED can reach Sumner County residents by residential phone, business phone or mobile phone. It will leave messages in voicemail boxes and on answering machines. Emergency dispatch operators can send a message to the entire city or to a selected area.
Some Businesses and Residents with published numbers will already be in this system. Businesses and residents with non-published numbers, cell phone numbers, Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP), or recently acquired numbers are encouraged to register their address and phone number. For mobile phone signup it will ask for your carrier. If you do not know this information you can send a text message to your email address. The emails sender should have the carrier specified after the @ sign in the sender address.
What is CodeRED used for?
There are two parts to the CodeRED notification system:
- Emergency Alerts with optional General Alerts –
- Emergency Alerts will consist of missing child alerts, water contamination, chemical spills, natural disasters, terrorism threats, and other emergency safety notifications.
- General Alerts will consist of road/lane closures, garbage collection changes and cancellations community and recreational events.
- The City is responsible for generating these notifications.
- These type of notifications are free to our residents using the mobile app.
- Weather Alerts
- CodeRED sends out National Weather Service Alerts and is responsible for sending these notifications.
- These are free to residents within Sumner County that register their numbers.
- The Mobile App has a charge if you would like to receive these weather alerts through the mobile app.